Subject: Training of Trainers for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action Projects 2020/2021
Application Deadline: June 15. 2020
Date of Selection: June 30. 2020
Application Link: https://bit.ly/tot-salto-app
The major aim of this Training of Trainers course (ToT-course) is to train trainers who have the competences and the motivation to contribute to the improvement of the quality of projects within the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Program of the European Union.
Participants should be familiar with the aims and priorities of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme before coming to the course as described in the Programme Guide.
This Training of Trainers (ToT) lasts ca. one year and consists of:
- three residential seminars
- an international training project you design and run with some other participants
- ongoing e-learning
- ongoing mentoring with one of the course trainers as your mentor
- learning commitments
When and Where will the 3 Seminars Happen?
· SEMINAR 1: 18 September – 27 September 2020 in Portugal
· SEMINAR 2: 15 - 24 January 2021 in Germany
· SEMINAR 3: 19 - 26 June 2021 in Italy
How should the participants invest their time?
This course requires a considerable time investment from the participants: in total you should plan at least 55 days:
· 28 seminar days (including travel)
· 12 days overall for the training project (preparatory work, prep meeting and the course itself)
· 15 days (on average 1-2 days per month) for following the personal learning commitments, the online work, peer learning, mentor talks etc.
Within this ToT-course participant have the chance to further develop their competences as a trainer. In line with the European Training Strategy in the frame of Erasmus+: Youth in Action program the ToT-course considers the following competences to be essential when working as a non-formal education trainer within the Youth in Action program:
- The competence to understand and facilitate individual and group learning processes.
- The competence to design educational program.
- The competence to direct one´s own learning (Learning to Learn)
- The competence to co-operate successfully in teams.
- The competence to communicate meaningfully with others.
- Intercultural competence.
- Being civically engaged.
What is expected from the Participants?
Participants are expected:
· To have been already involved at least three times in a team of trainers designing, implementing and evaluating a training course in the framework of Non-Formal Education.
· To have had international experience in the youth work field with a function of responsibility (not only as a participant) – organising international youth projects, leading a youth exchange, mentoring volunteers, etc.
· To have the potential and need to develop training competences and act after the course as a trainer for European Erasmus+: Youth in Action projects and/or for training courses organized by the National Agencies of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Program.
· To show initiative and willingness to self-direct their own learning process.
· To be prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers.
· To be able to run training courses in English.
Who is Eligible to Participate and Apply for this Training?
Participants from: Belgium (FL), Belgium (FR), Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland
Further information can be found at www.salto-youth.net/ToT and in the download below.
Available downloads: ToT20_Call and further information.pdf