Conference – Symposium - Forum
2-3 July 2020 | online, Belgium - FR
Application deadline: 18 June 2020
Date of selection: 19 June 2020
Around 400-450 active, critical and responsible youth leaders and youth workers will have a unique opportunity to hold a dialogue amongst themselves and with EU and EaP policy makers on achievements and challenges in the youth field in the European Union and its Eastern Neighbourhood region. Participants will be invited to share good practices and experiences in the field of youth work and youth policy in both the EU and Eastern Partner countries. The outcomes of discussions and possible conclusions will be documented in the form of report and shared with the relevant stakeholders.
2020 is an important year for the Eastern Partnership process. On the one hand, it is a conclusive year for implementing the “20 Deliverables by 2020” policy priorities. On the other hand, following the “Joint Communication: Eastern Partnership policy beyond 2020”, published on 18 March and endorsed by the Council of the European Union on 11 May, it is the year when a new policy framework of the EU will pave the way to a new set of common objectives for the future Eastern Partnership process. Building on the results of the 2017 – 2020 “Youth and Education Package” which was developed to fulfil policy objectives defined in “Deliverable 18 - Strengthen investment in young people’s skills, entrepreneurship and employability”, a New Deal for Youth will keep EU investment in youth in the focus of the EaP.
The Summit will provide space for discussion, exchange on best practices and lessons learned, as well as networking and inspiration for future cooperation.
CRITERIA for participants: experience in at least 1 project between EU and Eastern Partner countries.
THEMATIC FOCUS: “Youth engagement in the EaP: exploring the present and navigating the future!” The main TOPICS of the EaP Youth Summit include:
· The Eastern Partnership beyond 2020 and the role for young people (Communication 03/2020 and Council Conclusions 05/2020).
· COVID-19: challenges and responsibilities towards young people;
· Youth participation in policy making through strengthening EaP Youth Councils and the EaP CSF;
· Youth transition from education to work through skills development;
· Youth social entrepreneurship realities and good practices;
· EU vs. disinformation through positive communication;
· Achievements under the EU4Youth package, with focus on Erasmus+ and EU4Youth.
Expected RESULTS of the Youth Summit:
· Sharing and celebration of inspirational practices of youth work in the field of employment, entrepreneurship and civic engagement;
· Exploration and recognition of achievements of the grant projects under the EU Youth Programmes in Eastern Partner countries;
· Harvesting conclusions for navigating future opportunities for young people in Eastern Partner countries beyond 2020.
Conference Program: https://bit.ly/Conference-Program
More info here: https://bit.ly/youth-engagement-summit